Project management is the discipline of defining, planning, organizing, securing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives. Too often organizations determine a project is required to implement necessary improvements or meet customer demands and are faced with the challenge of unavailable internal resources. Prism Plus Consulting will help you achieve your desired project results.
We have project management experience in, but not limited to, the areas of: software development, software testing, software implementation, manufacturing, distribution, quality, supply chain, customer integration, inventory, software integration and back-office operations.
Some examples are:
- To improve customers’ inventory management and provide supply chain efficiencies, the project was established to develop the process and technology to provide just-in-time delivery, per surgical case, directly to the operating room. This was achieved by receiving an export from the hospitals’ surgery schedule, automation of the order confirmation and subsequent delivery to the OR prior to surgery the next morning. This process reduced the need for hospital personnel to pull the surgical items and all unused surgical product was tracked upon return to the distribution site, consequently reducing inventory costs. This project was validated and delivered in less than 4 months.
- Based upon data developed via the surgical case just-in-time delivery, a project was implemented for a customer portal application designed to provide surgical inventory costs by surgeon and surgical case for customer (hospital) costs and inventory usage analysis. From design to customer usage was three (3) months, exceeding the time line and customer expectations.
- Development of the business process requirements, design and implementation of RFID technology for process improvement and inventory tracking. Mary McCoy was named as an inventor on the associated patent. This project realigned the inspection and inventory control process for over 2,000,000 units and 9 locations nation-wide.
- Software compliance- Identification of all company software across four (4) locations and documentation of all identified licenses. Established an on-going process to manage the software licensing
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementations
- Returned Material Authorization (RMA) realignment and implementation
- Electronic Data Interchange implementations (EDI)
- Business Continuity Validation